Monday, March 24, 2014

That awkward moment when..........

Once, on a school trip to visit universities, which was designed mostly to convince my grade that the HSC wasn't just "That little quiz before Schoolies", a friend of mine Percy had great difficulty with one of the lecture desk-chairs. It was my introduction to the 2011 craze of "That awkward moment when......"

Thing is, back in 2011, I didn't realise that in the coming years I was about to become the Queen of Awkward Moments! Worst of all most have involved meeting boyfriends or friends parents. 

Now, I'm not particularly proud of the time that my then boyfriends father walked past an open window and saw parts of my body his son hadn't even seen up close yet, or when I found myself explaining to my friend's very dignified and sophisticated English mother what a MILF was.

 But the icing was truly laid thick on the cake when whilst at work the other night I was greeted warmly by a gentleman whom I instantly realised was probably of some vague but largely important significance to my life. In my defence, I was totally in the lock and load serve people mode. However I'm not sure that excuses the fact I didn't recognise WILL"S FATHER.

So remember- No matter how embarrassed you're feeling right now. I can promise you- I've done worse  





No comments:

Post a Comment