Thursday, March 20, 2014

Culinary...........Yeah lets call them "Triumphs"

Late last night I was going through my phone and attempting to clear out some of the 1058 photos.........Let's face it, that was NEVER going to end well!


Now aside from the 500+ selfies and 'whose body part is that?" a large majority of the photos depict a strangely accurate timeline of my 'evolution' as a chef since leaving home. 

There was many a great phase in my time-

The deserts phase-  Caramel slice, Pancake wars* and bourbon with a side of trifle ......... well you get the point.



The enough-pasta-to-feed-a-village-in-Africa-for-a-month-phase- Vegetarian goo (errr I mean mac and cheese) and tuna pasta,





The 'classy' organic hippy phase- maple salmon and spinach & fetta pie made with pastry that was more or less the consistency and flavor of cement








The um what phase- the eggs that were half frozen when I cracked them and the brownies that were referred to for over a year as "pompeii" (Sadly not photographed),




The vegetarian phase- trademarked mostly by attempts at paneer curry and homemade spinach "naan" (aka half baked dough that was fed to a very very drunk Alex)





Don't worry, I've since 'evolved' to making sure I live within sneezing distance of as much takeaway as possible


*Pancakes shown were actually made by Alex, I can't make pancakes to save my life

No comments:

Post a Comment