Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Recap: End of week 1

Hi guys!
So incase you haven't noticed I've been posting a fair bit about my lifestyle changes on here and it's something I plan on continuing. It's a great way for me to out my ever changing feelings about this new way of living and also keep myself accountable to some extent.

So it's almost the end of the first week of 2016 and in general I'm feeling pretty good about it so far. I'm really surprised at what I'm finding the most challenging with diet and exercise.


Diet

Initially I thought it would really hard to give up the junk food's I love (Oh how I miss you sneaky-entire-box-of-cookies) but truthfully it hasn't. Every day I'm looking up various new recipes on Blogilates.com and consulting my new cookbooks and I have to tell you there's some pretty delicious options out there.

Although I'm not following a strict kilo joule count or diet, I am being more aware of what I'm consuming and have taken to reading the nutritional info on all products I buy. I can see why it's so easy to put on weight when there's so many misleading products on the market. Shopping at Coles tonight I was horrified at the fat and sugar content of previously "essential" items.

 I had a set back yesterday and binged on a chocolate milkshake. But today I picked myself back up again and got right back on the healthier snacks. After the hard time I've been having detoxing I'm surprised I didn't feel worse today.

The Chicken Mexican salad that I took to my baby sitting job the other day




Exercise 

Even though my focus this month is more so on changing my diet, I've been doing the Blogilates 30 Day Waist-trainer Challenge. So far I've been managing to do the exercises every night before bed. Although I can't see an improvement yet I am slowly starting to feel myself getting stronger each night.

On Monday I decided I was also going to do the Blogilates January Calendar of workout videos. I managed 4/8 videos assigned for that day and by the end of the fourth one I was apparently making sex noises whilst swearing profusely at my laptop and sweating to the point of where I probably could've solved Queensland's drought crisis with my back sweat alone.

Sufficient to say that after feeling the wrath of muscles I didn't know I had for the last 2 days this goal has now been adjusted to aiming to do 2 workout videos 3 times a week.

Mental 

As my attitude towards food has been changing I'm noticing more and more how much I used to rely on food for an emotional crutch and as a solution to boredom. This, combined with the current stress of my life and tiredness from detoxing, has been really hard to deal with. Monday night I had a severe anxiety episode (Probably the worst so far) which was quite distressing for all involved. I'm scared the anxiety will return full time. I haven't eaten out with anyone other than Scott yet, and I'm super nervous about this as there are so few healthy restaurants and I don't have the most supportive network of friends. Still, I'm trying to be as positive as possible and snatch up any moments of joy I get!

All in all I'm feeling pretty good in general about the changes so far and am staying focused on the little victories and celebrating them with loads of self praise and self love. Even though they are probably nothing to everyone else to me they are everything and I'm so proud of myself.

Tonight's mouthwatering green pasta. Zucchini vegetti with roasted Kent pumpkin, ricotta, shallots and baby spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment