Thursday, September 4, 2014

You're my person!

When I was a kid there was one thing I wanted every year for Christmas. 
I wanted a best friend!
Unfortunately Santa never delivered. So year after year I hid away in the friendship of Anne and Diana- there was literally a point where I could quote half those damn books. I resigned myself to the fact that I was NEVER going to find someone as crazy as me.

                                                        (I always wanted a bosom friend)

Fast forward like a decade and something weird happened. I met my best friend at an art exhibition, that admittedly I only went along to for the free wine. Little did I realize that the Weasley look alike with the scary heals was masking what I'd wanted my whole life and that although we didn't know it then, our lives were about to be changed forever. 

     (This is pretty much what happened)

Let me try and explain.
I'm Dinky and she's Merida. 
We have that relationship where we can read each others minds so well that we scare the crap out of our boyfriends- best party trick EVER!. 
We understand our mutual co-dependency's on wine and coffee and don't judge them. 
We speak random babble fluently and yes we do start twitching without contact for over a week - the month we broke up was the WORST of my life.  
She's my sister, confidant, shopping assistant, life coach, soon to be business partner and my person

I love her and, despite being slightly annoyed that it took us 19 years to meet even though we grew up in the same town, I couldn't imagine my life without her. So remember- every once in a while- childhood dreams do come true. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment